The laws for those with a Homestead License in New Hampshire are much more lenient than a homestead food operation, as they allow operators to sell at any venue with no limitation for how much they can sell. However, there is a significant application process that will take some time. Aside from the $225 cost, operators need to submit a lot of paperwork, like ingredient sources, product labels, manufacturing steps, and selling locations. They also must have their home inspected and maintain additional records during production of their products.
Pumpkin butters are not allowed.
An annual license is $225. There are a number of requirements before applying:
- Test results for certain food items, like non-standard jams and jellies, sweet breads, or other jarred goods.
- Copies of all product labels.
- A list of the contact information for all the locations where the products will be sold.
- A list of the sources for all the ingredients used.
- A flow chart describing manufacturing steps to make each product.
- A description of how each product is packaged.
- A description of the records that are maintained during production of the product.
- Test results from a private water source or sewage system, if applicable.
Once the application has been turned in, the home will get inspected before a license is given. However, there are 16 counties that allow self-inspections.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
"This product is made in a residential kitchen." (10-point type)
Forrager Cookie Company
123 Chewy Way, Cookietown, NH 73531
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Ingredients: enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), butter (cream, salt), semi-sweet chocolate (sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, milkfat, soy lecithin, natural flavors), brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract (vanilla bean extract, alcohol, sugar), baking soda, salt (salt, calcium silicate)
Contains: milk, eggs, wheat, soy
NET WT 2 lb 4 oz (1.02 kg)
A PO box may not be used as the address for the operation.
There are many kitchen requirements listed in these FAQs.