Skip to main content

Kitchen & Equipment

Does anyone have an NTEP Certified Kitchen Scale?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Asheley 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Asheley
    Participant

In order to obatin a business license for a cottage food business in DC, I need to purchase an NTEP certified scale. Does anyone have one they can recommend? Preferably available on Amazon? Many thanks in advance for your help.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Wow that’s surprising that they’re that strict! I have never looked into NTEP scales, so I’d be interested to hear what you learn.

Asheley
    Participant

Yes, David, I agree, they are strict! And it is seemingly near impossible for me to locate an affordable one. The one the DC govt suggested I buy is $300. So, now I’m a little discouraged.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I wonder if you could get a used one. Also I just checked WebstaurantStore and they have one for $100: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/14309/legal-for-trade-scales.html?order=price_asc

Asheley
    Participant

David, you’re a genius! Thank you! I don’t know why I didn’t think about a used scale. This one you’ve linked to is perfect and not too expensive. I love this community!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.