Skip to main content

Wisconsin

cottoge food law

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mariagrace

Would like to be updated re this law. Passing this law in Wi. would be fantastic and so happy to have found that someone started to move this forward. Please let me know if there is anything that we folks can do to accelerate this.

In passing such a law, would any food be allowed to be made?

Cristina

Hi, Maria Grace. I’d love to talk about what we can do to update the WI cottage food law. I work for Peers, a new advocacy and community group started to support members of the sharing economy — like cottage food producers. My email is cristina@peers.org. I hope to hear from you soon!

Anne

Hi Maria Grace,
    I see your post was awhile ago, but I thought I’d add this reference for you. It’s a brochure put out by the Wisconsin Department of Ag, Trade & Consumer Protection on “Selling Home-Canned Foods”…
    http://datcp.wi.gov/uploads/Food/pdf/HomeCannedFood%20FD-PUB-61-web.pdf

As of 2014 this is what we’re currently operating with/under. Hope that helps!

Dina Mitchell

I am disabled and spend the majority of my life in my house. I have been given the gift of baking, and have a cookie recipe everyone wants to buy. I’ve even had two managers at grocery stores want to carry my product. My problem is, I have no “commercial kitchen” or means to rent one. I just want to bake in my house and sell my product.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Dina, Wisconsin still doesn’t allow homemade baked goods to be sold. Aside from finding and going to a commercial kitchen, I think your options are a) building a commercial kitchen in your home, or b) donating your baked goods.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.