Skip to main content

Utah

Kitchen question for obtaining a cottage license in Utah

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jackee

I’m looking into attempting to get a cottage license in the state of Utah. My kitchen in my home wouldn’t pass, I’m assuming, as my kids have a cat (it was a conspiracy!). My question is, if I had a separate kitchen which is on the back of my garage separate from my home, no direct access from the house, locking door etc., would this possibly be suitable to begin the process of obtaining a cottage license?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Well, certainly the easiest solution would be to place something around the kitchen that would block the cat from accessing it.

I’m not sure if it would be possible to do what you’re describing with a cottage food license. You could call the health dept to see if they allow a non-primary kitchen to be used with the law.

It should be possible to setup a commercial kitchen on your property, and then get a commercial license, but that process would be much more complicated and expensive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.