Skip to main content


seling bulk dry goods

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #17103


    Hi! I am looking into selling bulk dry goods at my local farmers market. Oats, flours and other baking supplies, beans, rice… I am pretty sure these are non hazardous foods and are not subject to licensing, but I can’t find any mention of them in the guidelines for farmers markets from either the eatsafe website or the pa ag dept. My next step is tomorrow, to call the number for inspection in my region. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


    David Crabill

    Unless there is some special permit for repackaging commercially-produced foods, I think you would at least need to become a limited food establishment — I think those foods would be allowed, but I’m not completely sure. It’s best to contact the ag dept directly and ask them about your specific situation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.