Skip to main content

Pennsylvania

Kitchen Inspection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lara

Hi David,
    I’d like to have a kitchen inspection because I would like to sell home baked breads and pies.
    I contacted the township center, but unfortunately they don’t allow home food-processing businesses without providing a good reason.
    Do I have other opportunities? I have no pets and my children are teenagers.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Lara

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Are they aware of the “Home Food Processing” program? Some departments are just not aware, and some are opposed to it. If I were you, I’d call up Sheri Morris (the program manager) at 717-787-5289, or email her at shmorris@state.pa.us and see what she has to say. It is possible that your local government could prevent you from operating, but you should talk to the person at the state level first. If they didn’t allow you to do it, there would be no other option for you to make food from home, aside from building a commercial kitchen there, which is prohibitively expensive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.