Skip to main content

Pennsylvania

home kitchen/pets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jannie sophia 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Heather

Hi, I would like to start a home based business selling cakes out of my kitchen, but I have a dog. If I install doors into the kitchen area that prevent the dog from entering while I am baking for business, is that sufficient?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I have heard that you can have a dog if you can prevent your pet from EVER accessing the kitchen area, as well as any area/path that will be used to transport food/supplies to the kitchen. You should discuss this with the ag dept.

jannie sophia
    Participant

I dont have any idea aboout dog. but cake business is just amazing startup. I am probably not the best one to give you advice since I only do this for my family but here is what I would do. First be fully aware of what each cake costs you that means everything cake boards, utilities, materials, your time including the shopping & clean up. Do not start off by charging less just to get customers. You will become known as the cheap cake lady and it will be harder for you to increase your prices. Not only that but you will burn out from working too much for little profit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.