Skip to main content

Pennsylvania

Food Preparation from my Kitchen / OR/ Food Prep in the kitchen of the recipient

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Darla Barker
    Participant

I have a business venture that I would like to pursue (2 options). I want to prepare meals for people with different needs, primarily gluten free. I don’t know if this falls under PA Cottage Law? I would like to get an inspection (whatever type applies) prepare and package the food in my home. The meals would be delivered to my clients once a week or every other week….
    If in the event that I cannot prepare the meals in my own home, would I be able to do the preparation in the home of the client. We are nonsmokers and have no pets. I have city water, but use a reliable filtration system for our drinking and cooking needs *I don’t want to say the brand right now.
    What would I need to do to make this happen?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You need a commercial kitchen to do this, and it wouldn’t fall under the cottage food law. It’s only possible to do at home if you build a commercial kitchen on your property. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.