Skip to main content

Pennsylvania

Coffee Brewing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frank McGuire 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Huwey
    Participant

Hello All,

Hoping someone can give me direction on this, I’ve searched to the best of my abilities with no luck , and may have possibly missed it. What are the regulations with brewing coffee at home to then sell outside the home? Only things taking place within the home would be the brewing of the coffee an it being put into a container.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I’d recommend checking with your local ag dept. Because it’s generally low-risk, sometimes there are special rules that allow someone to sell home-brewed coffee, or even coffee that’s brewed on-site (like at a market). This likely would not fall under the regulations for PA’s limited food establishments. If the ag dept requires a permit to do this, it may be more simple than the one for a full food establishment.

Frank McGuire
    Participant

Hi! Thx I’ve found this thread before starting my old idea. As an old-school brewer and latte fan, I’ve been wanting to open a little coffee shop. Also purchased some additional latte stuff – Nespresso machines, new grinder etc. I never thought about it from the standpoint of the law, so I’m going to get to know everything, and I’m going to write down the results asap.
    Cheers
    Frank

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  David Crabill. Reason: Remove link
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.