Skip to main content

Packaging & Labeling

Ingredient Labeling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anne Zander 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lori White

If I use cake flour in a recipe, do I just need to list “Cake Flour” or do I need to list the ingredients that are IN cake flour, that they have listed on the cake flour box; WHEAT FLOUR BLEACHED, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID

Naomi Hubert

Yes, you need to list all of the ingredients and not just “cake flour”. This is what the instructors of the food safety class explained to the students.

Anne Zander

You do need to list all of the ingredients on the box/package of cake flour. Just like all the ingredients for butter, chocolate chips, etc. that you might purchase in order to make your product. You want to inform the consumer of all ingredients in your product for them to read and see if they are allergic to any. You can go to the Colorado State University Extension Farm to Table website and then search for Cottage Food. You will find all the information that you need for your Colorado Cottage Food label. Hope that helps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.