Skip to main content

Oregon

Define separate storage for processing materials

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CeAnne

My husband and I are starting an herbal business selling salves, teas, and soaps. I realize the tea falls under the licensed kitchen requirement. Currently I have all my supplies in my large closed pantry along with our other household bulk food storage. Since I have to separate these things in a closed storage area… my question is, can I close off some of the shelves and put a door on them though they are in the same pantry and still have that qualify? We have a small house and are blessed with a large closed off pantry, this seems the only logical place to store these things. Thank you!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Usually when rules state that business supplies need to be kept separate, it means that they need to be in their own cupboard or own shelf. You should have a designated area where you put them, though that area doesn’t need to be cordoned off from everything else. If you store things in the fridge, you usually don’t need to have a separate fridge — a designated shelf in it would be fine. So it sounds like what you’re describing is allowed, but you wouldn’t have to build doors for the shelves.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.