Skip to main content

Oklahoma

"Oklahoma Cottage Food Law"

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Jane Newlon 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Mary Jane Newlon

The law for Oklahoma is simple. You can sell from home, internet, farmers markets, friends, neighbors, churches, schools, fundraisers, not for resale. Items need to be neatly packaged, with all label information, allergens, weight, ingredients, saying it is not inspected by the Health Department, nor is a licensed required. You should also get some type of liability insurance. There may be something happen and you want to be covered. Just keep a clean kitchen, keep items separate used for the business. Also keep good records, receipts, proof of who you sold to as well as a checking account separate from family money. This may sound like a lot but it is not. I live in Bryan and we are going to set up classes for people who want to start their small businesses. We are in process of doing that now. Also we will offer small baking classes as well as using ingredients from home to get started. We will let people know as we go along. If you have any questios, you can e-mail me or contact me here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.