Skip to main content

Ohio

Vegan burgers and permission from landlords.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ashlie

When renting a house to I need to get the permission to use the house as part of my cottage law business in the lease agreement?

Also, would selling products like tofu burgers or 100% vegan food products that do not fall under baked goods be allowed?
    It is a prepared food but it doesn’t contain meat or dairy or anything that is listed as a reason for not being allowed.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

With the exception of some types of baked goods, anything that requires refrigeration cannot be made in a home kitchen and sold. Therefore, almost all types of vegan burgers would not be allowed. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

You need your landlord’s permission before you can run a business from their property.

Ashlie

I know I need their permission. My question was does it need to be stated in the lease.

Ashlie

Edit: As I hit post before adding this part. Oops/
    Ah ok. That stink about the burgers.
    Thanks.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You don’t need it in the lease agreement (unless your landlord requires that), but it’s really a moot point since you can’t sell homemade vegan burgers anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.