Skip to main content

Ohio

specifications on food

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laura

Maybe you can help me out with this. I am trying to figure out what exactly the “drink mixes” contain. Is hot cocoa mix in a jar included? It is afterall a drink mix. And also under baking mixes. Are they refering to any type of baking mix such as: bread, muffin, cookies, bisquits, scone mix, brownies, cakes, etc mix in a jar? I would assume with it being so broad it covers any mix that you dump mix together with liquids and bake. And also what do “crisps” refer to? Hope somebody can help me oit with these questions. Thanks in advance.

Laura

David Crabill
    Keymaster

The definitions of these terms on the site could be more clear… sorry about that! In Ohio, basically any dry mix is going to work. If it doesn’t have any moisture content then it will be totally shelf stable and safe. “Crisps” means something like an apple crisp or some other baked fruit pastry.

Laura
    Participant

So does this mean I can do the hot cocoa mix in a jar? Sorry I didn’t catch where you answered that. I was also curious about marshmallows? Would they be considered a soft candy? And also pretzels that have a chocolate kiss melted on top of them? I would assume that would be covered under chocolate covered item.

Thanks in advance I’m sure I will have many more questions.

Laura

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Yes to all your items. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.