Skip to main content

Ohio

Home Bakery and Owning Pets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Collette Stewart

I have been making baked goods for the last several years and would like to become licensed. I have read the rules regarding no pets in the house and no carpet in the kitchen. I have pets that do not live or have access to the level of the kitchen in my home. I also have a Florida room with a separate entrance to the outside and to my home. Are either of these viable options when looking to become licensed in the State of Ohio?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Collette, I’m not exactly sure what your question is. Are you wondering if your home kitchen can be a commercial kitchen, or if you can legally operate under the cottage food law with your home kitchen?

I can tell you that you can’t become commercially licensed from your home kitchen, and you will have to accept the restrictions of the cottage food law if you continue to use that to produce your products.

As far as I know, there are no strict pet rules for the cottage food law in Ohio. As long as you are keeping your pets out of the kitchen while you’re preparing products, you should be fine to follow the cottage food law and legally sell your goods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.