Skip to main content

Ohio

Hazardous ingredients?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Heather

I am wanting to take a product to some Farmer’s markets this year under Ohio’s Cottage Law, however, I am not sure if the product would be considered hazardous.
    I am making raw cookie dough that is scooped and dipped in chocolate. The dough contains NO eggs, but does contain butter and a little bit of milk. I can easily substitute water if milk is an issue (it’s 2 tablespoons), however, my concern is the butter. I know buttercream frosting can be held at room temp, so I am hoping that my product would also be considered ok.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

This would probably be fine, especially if you use water instead of milk. Since there’s a very small amount of milk, it’s possible that the sugars in the cookie dough would stabilize it and even that would be okay. The butter shouldn’t be a problem. Obviously you’d need to check with the ag dept. Technically, you should even be able to use pasteurized eggs and that would be fine too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.