Skip to main content

North Dakota

Selling cupcakes and cakes out of my home

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alyssa

Hello!

I do a little bit of baking for people here and there, but would like to make this more of a steady income. My question is, what am I allowed to do since I am doing it in my own everyday kitchen, I am not advertising, just word of mouth. Is this allowed? I just want to make sure I am doing this on the up and up. Do I need any disclaimers or license? I live in ND. Thank you for any help!

Anonymous

On the top of the screen click on the tab LAWS and then on the map click on ND it looks like you don’t have any state wide law but there can be county and city level laws. I would read what is listed on the LAWS page and then contact your local city town hall.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I have talked with a government official in North Dakota, which is the only reason ND is green on the map. Even though they don’t have laws, they regularly allow small producers to run their food businesses from home. I’d say you’d be best off talking to your ag dept and seeing what they allow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.