Skip to main content

Nonprofit

Donations

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anita

My sister recently died and she was an award winning cake decorator. She won several awards and ribbons for her creations. I now need to dispose of all of her cake decorating supplies. She had dozens of cake pans, cake boxes, cake bottom rounds, and other cake supplies to many to list.

My dilemma is how to donate these supplies n a kindly manner? I do not want to just trash them or call Salvation Army. I know there are many organizations that would truly appreciate receiving these items but I have no idea how to find these organizations. I thought perhaps a Junior College that teaches baking, or perhaps an organization that trains less fortunate persons a career.

Does anyone have any ideas of how these items may find a new home? My sister lived in Huntington Beach, California. Your help is really needed and appreciated.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Hi Anita, I’m very sorry to hear about your sister.

I’m sure there are some organizations in SoCal, but I don’t personally know of any. There are a couple of Facebook Groups for cottage food operations in CA, and I think that would be a better place to get ideas. It would probably be best for you to become a member of those groups (Group 1; Group 2) so that you can post a comment and get direct feedback, but I can also post your message on them if you’d like. The first group is a little more active, but it’s a closed group.

You might also consider donating the supplies to CFOs in the area, so they can use them to help grow their budding businesses. I’m sure whoever receives them will be very appreciative.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.