Skip to main content

New York

Well water testing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #83005


    For anyone looking to start homebaking that has a private well for water, you will need to get your water tested for coliform. The state websites will take you in a big circle as far as who to contact, how to proceed, etc.
    I finally got someone from the Department of Agriculture to send me a few links to certified labs, I emailed them, then talked to people at 2 of these labs today. They were both extremely helpful and kind.
    Envirotest Labs is in Newburgh and Poughkeepsie: 845-562-0890
    Pace Analytical in Rotterdam: 518-357-3250
    City of Oneonta Water Supply: 607-433-3486
    They all operate weekdays with varying hours for picking up kits and dropping them off. If none of these are close to you, call your county health department and they will direct you.


    David Crabill

    Thanks so much for sharing this info, Lana!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.