Skip to main content

New Jersey

Commercial Kitchens

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sheryl 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Maria Quiambao

Hi,

It is clear to me from this forum that New Jersey doesn’t allow you to sell food from in home kitchens. What if, I turn my own kitchen into a commercial kitchen, as supposed to renting a kitchen from large churches or restaurants to make and sell food. Would New Jersey, then allow me to sell food from my proposed in home commercial kitchen?

-Maria

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s doable but usually quite expensive and complicated. It’s likely that the commercial kitchen would have to be separate from your primary kitchen. Unless NJ has very lenient standards, you can expect to pay thousands or tens of thousands of dollars for that remodel. I would personally recommend renting at first and proving your business concept, but you have to determine what’s right for you.

Sheryl

Hi David,

Thank you for the very useful responses on this site. Would you be able to provide me information on what you have seen to be the least expensive /simplest options for selling food in NJ just for proof of concept? What’s the ballpark cost? Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.