Skip to main content



This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #2187


    I’ve been trying to get answers to some questions in Las Vegas, not much help is offered over the phone, however.

    My question is; if I already have a cottage license (I do), and I want to make samples, at a farmers market, what do I need to get it done? I’m making pancakes, it would require eggs and milk in the batter on-site.

    As far as I can tell, it’s around $1000 to get going.

    Any help is appreciated.


    David Crabill

    Erik, all your food prep needs to happen in your home kitchen. You can give out samples, but they need to be prepackaged at home. To make the samples on-site, you would need a different kind of license.

    On a different note, I’m surprised that you even got pancakes approved. They are not baked and have a higher moisture content than most non-potentially hazardous foods. They probably should get refrigerated, and that takes them out of the cottage food category. Of course, it depends on your recipe and how you make them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.