Skip to main content

Missouri

Camden Cty is forcing inspection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Linda

I live in Miller County and they are fine with my bus. I’m state and County licensed,I’m state and However Camden county is trying to force an inspection! (Against Cottage Law!) They also say I cannot advertise my bus. on my Facebook page ” Is Facebook advertising covered under the cottage law?

Linda

Is a website covered under cottage fly? Also, can I deliver over county lines?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Actually, the law does specify that a local health dept can’t regulate you, so they are not allowed to conduct an inspection without a customer complaint. They also shouldn’t be able to prevent you from advertising on Facebook, though the law does prohibit you from selling online.

There is some strange wording in the law about exempt areas in the state, citing places with over or under a certain population size — that part is honestly very confusing to me and I don’t know what it’s purpose is. It’s possible that that section is allowing Camden City to legally disregard the law.

You should be able to sell over county lines, but you do need to confirm that you have all the licenses necessary to sell there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.