Skip to main content



This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #31735


    Can I sell from my home? I live in a rented duplex in a rural area, Otter Lake. The area is zoned for residential use, as I imagine is true for the area that most home kitchens are on. how do other CFO’s deal with the zoning issue for the sales portion of their business? From my research of local zoning ordinances, the only thing I see, that may or may not be applicable is a special use permit. Applying for one is an involved, multi-step process I would like to avoid, if possible, Any information/suggestions based on your experience would be helpful.


    David Crabill

    Your best bet is to call the dept that manages zoning, and they will tell you exactly what you need. It’s common for areas to require special use permits like this, and yes, they can be complicated and expensive. I don’t think there’s any legal way to avoid it, if you need it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.