Skip to main content

Massachusetts

Selling Homemade Peanut Butter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sean

Hey everyone,

I was looking to start making and selling homemade peanut butter from my kitchen in MA. I was looking at this article, but do not know where peanut butter would fall. http://forrager.com/law/massachusetts/

Is peanut butter a food item one could make in their kitchen and sell in MA? If so does anyone have experience with making any food items in MA and selling? Looking for a bit more information around regulations, and licenses required, etc.

Thank you

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I do not know for sure if peanut butter would be allowed, but I assume that it would.

The process for getting setup can be pretty complicated, and is largely dependent on your town or county. The fastest way to get info about how to start this kind of business is to talk to the health inspector in your area. When I tried to setup a business in Medfield, I learned that the process would take a minimum of 3 months, but that’s only applicable to Medfield.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.