Skip to main content

Maryland

CSA sales?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Autumn

Hi there,
    I am a little confused about the venues allowed by the MD Cottage Food law. I have been asked by a couple of friends whether I could provide baked goods to their CSA customers, alongside the regular weekly order of produce. I would be making the foods at home and delivering them to the farms (a place where “raw agricultural products are sold”), where they would be added to the CSA boxes and either delivered to or picked up by the end consumer. This seems substantially similar to selling at a farmer’s market, but is it legal? Also, help me out here- do tortillas fall under the “breads” category? They are a quickbread dough, flattened by a rolling pin and pan-cooked.
    Thanks.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

The difference is that you are not meeting the end consumers like you would be at a farmers market, so it’s not allowed, as far as I know. Also, it’s not entirely clear what is an allowed food in Maryland, but tortillas are probably not allowed because they’re not baked.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.