Skip to main content


Required Permits

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thelisha 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #33625 Reply

    Jim Piety

    I am trying to figure out what permits I am required to have to operate out of my home. The DHH doesn’t have a very good contact page. But from what I can understand, I just need a sales tax certification and to register my product(s). Is that correct? Are there any other permits you can think of? I sell fruit and nut energy bars.

    #33641 Reply



    I live in St. Mary Parish and I had to pretty much explain to the sales tax office what the Cottage Food Law was and where they could find the information on the law in order for me to get my sales tax certificate and occupational license. The lady in the office was nice enough to let me know that I could go online and file for my state taxes. It was easy. I did register my business name through legal zoom because I went from sole proprietor to an LLC.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Required Permits
Your information: