Skip to main content


Selling pop from apartment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #37395


    Can i buy can pop at the store and put it in a display cabinet (cooler/fridge) in my apartment? which will be visible from the street in my window advertising it for 50 cents in richmond, indiana 47374? If they knock on my door with their selection of choice? Must i have a license to do so? Do i have to claim it on taxes if i make say 15 to 20 dollars a month? (If i am lucky to make that). lol Thank you!



    Can i sell anything out of my home like that or advertise selling worms or items or any food items? Everyone loves my food around here since i moved in people come over requesting me to make food. i cant afford to keep making food FREE??? you know?


    David Crabill

    You can sell some types of unopened, prepackaged food like soda pop without using the cottage food law. However, you would probably still need a license to do so, and you may not be able to sell it from your apartment, depending on zoning regulations. I’d recommend that you contact your health dept for more info about your area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.