Skip to main content

Indiana

Selling homemade food online

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kathy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anne

I am thinking of setting up a farm stand at my house to include homemade baked goods such as fruit pie, cinnamon rolls and cookies. I assume I would be able to advertise online for a person to pick up an order at my farm stand (house), but can I actually sell online at a place such as etsy.com?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You wouldn’t be able to use Etsy, unless the buyer on Etsy came to your farm stand to pick up their purchase.

jeremy

i see in ohio, law states that goods MAY need to be picked up in person if purchased online… when would this be acceptable to ship to customer? i bake brownies

David Crabill
    Keymaster

What I’ve heard is that it’s okay to ship within the state of Ohio. However, in Indiana, orders need to be fulfilled in-person.

Janice Weaver

Can an Indiana resident take bread orders in person at a farmer’s market in Indiana and have a person in TN (non-resident but temporarily living there; previously small business owner in Indiana) bake the bread and ship to the Indiana resident to hand deliver the ordered bread to the customer?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I highly doubt it, but I suppose that if the baker was a licensed TN domestic kitchen, then the ag dept for the county of the Indiana farmers market might allow those indirect sales.

Kathy

Can people come to my home to pick up homemade bread and cookies that they order?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.