Skip to main content

Indiana

farm stands

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Debbie

I guess I’m a little confused on the definition of what a farm stand may be, in relation to the law.
    I live out in the country and our property is zoned agricultural.
    I’m jut starting to get a Personal Chef business off the ground and have been asked by many about offering candies (Old fashioned fudge) and cookies for the holidays. This would be impractical to do in customer’s homes as a personal chef. However, I can see it being very successful if customers were able to pick up their purchases at a Farm Stand.
    My question; Could a covered front porch be considered a farm stand if it has a table and chairs or would it also have to have signage?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

The dept that manages zoning in your area will likely determine whether a farm stand is allowed where you live. You should also check with the ag dept to see if they have a requirement for what a farm stand needs to be (for instance, it might need to primarily sell produce). Sometimes the requirements for this are county-dependent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.