Skip to main content


Certifying Church Kitchens

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #16595

    Melissa W

    I am considering selling my homemade candies – several of my friends would like to sell them in their restaurants – but I know I need to get my ducks in a row for certification.

    I might have access to using the kitchen at my church for “production” but I’m pretty sure that in addition to the space being certified, I too have to carry my own license. Where should I start?


    David Crabill

    As you know, to sell in restaurants you can’t operate under the cottage food law. You should need a commercial food processor license, which requires you to use a commercial kitchen. Many large churches have kitchens that are inspected by the health dept, but you will need to check to make sure your church has a commercial kitchen. You need to talk to the health dept to figure out everything you need.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.