Skip to main content

Illinois

Letter to councilman to ask for ordinance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sheila Bernal Ray 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christine Knight
    Participant

Hi,
    Has anyone on here been involved in petitioning your local government for support of the IL Home Kitchen Operations law? I was wondering if anyone has a letter they would be willing to share that highlights all the points to bring up when asking local government to adopt an ordinance supporting the Illinois law. I am in the process of trying to get this issue before our city council and would like to make sure I construct a thorough and informative letter and don’t miss any major ideas when asking for their consideration.

Sheila Bernal Ray
    Participant

Yes, my daughter and I got the Cupcake Law passed in Aurora, IL in January, 2017. We simply started with and email on the city website (I sent it in the fall of 2016, and they didn’t contact me until December or January). We didn’t need to do a letter. We just worked with someone from the city and she invited us to the meetings with Aldermen and City Council to get it passed. I’m happy to discuss with you if you wish. PM me if you want to discuss off line.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.