Skip to main content

Illinois

Home bakers law

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tina Davis
    Participant

I have check with the Vermilion County Health board and was told that this Law has not been signed by the Governor. Does anyone have any information on this?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

If you’re referring to the Home Kitchen Operation law, that was signed by the governor in 2014. This year’s amendment was also signed a couple months ago. Maybe they were just referring to the fact that they haven’t signed an ordinance?

Mireya
    Participant

Can anyone tell me which counties we can operate as a home baker to sell baked goods from home? Im new to this and new to Illinois as well and not sure where to find out which counties allow this. Thank you

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I don’t know of anyone who has compiled a list of counties, but perhaps some health dept has one. Try calling up Cook County and seeing if they know more. If you can’t find a list, it’s possible that one doesn’t exist. If you spend the time to create one by contacting every county’s health dept, I’d be happy to incorporate it into the law page so others have access to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.