Skip to main content


Alcohol content ratio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #19261

    Heather Hill

    Hey everyone!

    I have researched and can’t find the information regarding the “legal” amount of alcohol that can be used in cottage foods. Examples: for Rum Cakes, Wine jellies, etc. Does anyone know where I can find that information? I have also contacted the GA Dept of Agriculture and emailed them as well and the lady did not know when I called and the email resulted in no response! This is for the state of Georgia. Does anyone know where or how I can find this information?

    Thank you!



    David Crabill

    The ag dept is responsible for enforcing the cottage food law, so if they don’t know, then I sure don’t. You basically need to find out if they will allow you to make food with alcohol in it, and if so, do you need to get an alcohol license? You can also try contacting the Alcohol Division to see if they know.


    Nicole Wayland

    Hi Heather, I was looking at making extracts and was wondering if you found any more information.


    David Crabill

    There’s still no information on the ag dept’s webpage that says you can or can’t sell homemade extracts. I’d recommend reaching out to them and they will likely have an answer:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.