Skip to main content

Florida

Samples, etc

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Darlene

Hi I know samples are not allowed but what if I gave away small wrapped labeled slices of my product. As long as its handled and labeled according to the rules can I give them away? Also I know it says veggies are not allowed but what about carrot cake? Strawberry habanero jelly? Thanks! :)

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Actually the ag dept’s stance on sampling recently changed, and this element got overlooked when I updated that law page a couple weeks ago. Sorry about that!

You can offer samples as long as they are prepackaged in your home kitchen. They don’t need to have individual labels, but you do need to have a fully-labeled product on-hand to show the customer.

Carrot cake is allowed (without cream cheese frosting), and pepper jellies are not allowed.

Darlene

Buttercream icing is ok though, right?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about buttercream. Florida’s ag dept has said that it prohibits “milk & dairy products”, but they might allow milk and/or butter in a frosting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.