Skip to main content

Florida

Sales Tax

This topic contains 37 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rachel parada 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Vanessa, the food safety certificate that Sonia was referring to is probably a food manager certificate. However, CFOs in Florida aren’t required to get food safety training. If you’d like basic training, you can look up a food handler training course.

T pomelow

There is not sale tax on decorated cakes ordered from Publix bakeries. At least, not in Florida.
    Source: cake decorator for Publix since 2003.

Ed

I want to sell fermented foods I make at home. Kimchi, Sauerkraut, etc. According to this, I can not sell those under the cottage law. What must I do to sell these items at farmers markets? I have pleanty of friends with commercial kitchens, but I doubt they would let me take up space in Thierry restaurant to ferment for a month or more…. Help me!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Ed, as far as I know, you would need to use a commercial kitchen to do this. I know it seems impractical but it is the same process that other companies that produce fermented foods use.

Maria Ospina

Hi there,
    I am interested in selling home made granola, energy bars and possibly muffins. Do I need to charge them sales tax? I understand that these products are covered by the cottage food operations law. If anyone could guide me, it will be great.

Thanks a lot.

Maria

Eula Macaraeg

Hi, I bake from home and I just got my business licence. My question is how do I file tax later?

JANE SCHNEEMAN

Hi,
    I have a Cottage Bakery and I am very happy to know of the amendment for Florida Cottage law to increase the annual gross sales limit of cottage foods operations from $15,000 to $50,000.
    My question is…what kind of receipts should I save when buying materials to use for tax purposes ?
    Can I use Publix, Cake Depot, Michael’s , etc., stores where weekly I buy products for my business to declare taxes?

Rachel parada

Olá, estoy queriendo vender Pinchos en mi garage de mi casa, es posible?necesito carnet de manipulación? , Vivo en Kissimmee, no es comunitty area zip 34743
    Ayuda please….

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.