Skip to main content

Florida

Non-Dairy Creamer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cottage Oven 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Becky
    Participant

Hello, I just had a quick question regarding cottage food laws and what is allowed. I thought I would try asking here!
    I have a glaze that uses a “non dairy creamer” as part of the ingredients. However upon looking at the ingredients of this non dairy creamer, it states it contains less than 2% of sodium caseinate, a milk derivative. Would this make my glaze not cottage food safe?
    Thank you!

Cottage Oven

For a definitive answer, go to FreshFromFlorida.com, search for “cottage foods” and download the PDF file they have there. In it, you will find a Tallahassee phone number you can call to get an official answer to your question.

Apart from that, if it is a powdered non-dairy creamer, the resulting glaze should probably be okay for cottage food. If it is a liquid, refrigerated non-dairy creamer, you’ll probably need to check with Tallahassee.

Either way, don’t forget to include all of the ingredients from the label of the creamer in the list of ingredients on your product’s label and, just in case, also include milk in the “contains” (i.e. allergen) part of your label.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.