Skip to main content

District of Columbia

DREAM: Cottage Food Law Introductory Workshops

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Argashia Lewter 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christopher Bradshaw

Have a family recipe for sweet potato pie that gets rave reviews? Interested in starting a food business but don’t know where to start? Join Dreaming Out Loud and the Washington Area Community Investment Fund for a workshop titled: D.R.E.A.M.: How to Start and Grow a Food-Based Business Without a Storefront. Come and learn about the DC Cottage Food Law, how to use it, how to start your own business, and get introductory advice on becoming a food entrepreneur. The workshops are being offered on two different dates for those unable to make one or the other. This event is free to attend.
    WHEN:
    October 25, 6:00 – 8:30 pm (Kelly Miller Middle School, 301 49th Street, NE)
    OR
    November 1, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (Malcolm X Opportunity Center, 1351 Alabama Avenue SE)

Argashia Lewter

I’m interested in starting my own pie baking business… specializing in sweet potato pie and quiche. Is there a group in Maryland? I have question concerning my product and my understanding is that anything that has to be refrigerated is prohibited? Most of my orders will be on the base of receiving orders and deliver or pick up within 24 hours. With that in mind, would I be with in the standards of Cottage Food Law?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.