Skip to main content

Delaware

One time selling candy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kerry Montgomery 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Susan

Hello,
    I was planning on having a table at my school’s first craft fair next month. I was planning on making and selling homemade fudge and caramels. I had no idea that I would need to do all that I read about on your site. It is a one time thing. I teach at this school and signed up to support my students. I will be happy to make a little money for the holiday season but that was it. I am now seeing that it is not possible. So my question is, can I go forward for this one event? I work full time and am not looking to start a business. If the homemade candy is out, do the same rules apply to homemade dog treats?

Kerry Montgomery

It depends on your state & county but here in GA the laws covering dog treats are actually stricter than the laws covering food for human consumption. If you have your cottage food license here you can produce as much of your candy as you want & sell it at the school but it all must be made in your home kitchen & comply with all the same labeling laws that all your products require.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.