Skip to main content

Condiments

Home Made BBQ Sauce

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cottage Oven 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Corey Driskell
    Participant

Good evening everyone,
    I create Craft BBQ Sauces and Spices. I am actually in the process of forming an LLC but I have found the Cottage Law. This is great for me as this will enable me to get my product out there locally and let people sample my BBQ sauce. If anyone is interested in a sample all I ask is you send me a PM at info@driskellsoriginalbbq.com.

I do NOT charge for the samples but ask that you cover the shipping. This is $7.20 Via USPS flat rate. If this is against the laws please let me know and I will cease this immediately and I will cover the costs of shipping. I simply want to get more people to sample the BBQ sauce and all I ask in return is to fill out a 10 question BLIND survey. My BBQ sauce is 100% natural and bottled using canning methods in Mason Jars. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at the email address provided above.

Thank you,

Corey Driskell
    Driskell’s Original BBQ

Cottage Oven

Where are you located?

Most cottage-food laws do not allow selling across state lines.

Even within state lines, they often don’t allow shipping. You may deliver personally or customers may come to you (at your home or at an accepted venue such as a farmers market), but you may not ship (e. g. UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.).

Even considering all of the above, many states do not allow sauces, salsas or condiments as cottage-food items. Instead, a commercial kitchen and food license are necessary.

Again, it all depends upon the state in which you live, but very few – if any – would permit out-of-state sales and shipping of a BBQ sauce under cottage-food law.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.