Skip to main content

Condiments

Flavored vinegars

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dave
    Participant

Could one make flavored vinegars in New York. I’m thinking strawberry, blueberry, black raspberry, honey/balsamic, or maple balsamic.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Vinegars probably aren’t allowed, but I’m not 100% sure, so you should contact the ag dept.

Betsy

Hi David,
    I have a mustard recipe I’m considering selling and I’m working on the info for a CFO permit. Somewhere a couple weeks ago I read about ph and Aw testing to have at the ready when attempting to get permitted. A just in case… I am now not able to locate that info. I’m in SD county and would love to understand further. My ingredients are a bit different for a mustard. (cooked egg and vinegar concern me)
    Thanks,
    Betsy

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Betsy, the vinegar wouldn’t be a problem, but I am almost sure that your health dept won’t allow a mustard containing egg. In that case, I don’t think tests are going to help you. If you want to sell a mustard without egg, then you probably won’t need to get it lab tested.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.