Skip to main content


Work Place

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gina 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #2710

    Teresa Hito

    I was told that if I wanted to try the market on couple of pastries that I would like to sell, I need to start small. Well my idea is to start cooking from home, but as I was reading the rules on the work place, I need to have an extra cooking space only for the business. Well, my question is whether there places where they can rent for cooking since my home is not equipted to that yet. Before getting into investing lot of money, I would like to start small so that I can test the market. Or can you anyones suggest any ideas??.

    I would appreciate your feed back.

    Teresa Hito.


    David Crabill

    Teresa, I’d be happy to help. It is possible to rent commercial kitchens but first of all, what state do you live in?


    Amy Madama

    Hi, I slowly starting a cake business and have done a lot of research on cottage food law. I know I am good to operate under this law and my cakes nor ingredients require refrigeration. I do have a website and I wanted to know how you would word in the website that I am a legal business??? Or is cottage food considered a legal business?


    David Crabill

    Amy, the technical term depends on what state you live in, but generally, if you are operating under your state’s cottage food law, then it should be sufficient to simply state that you are a cottage food operation operating under the laws. Some CFOs have decided to link to this site in case customers want to learn more about the legality of your business.



    Hello David. The cheapest commercial kitchen I can find to rent is $800 per month, so I am wondering if I could park a very small RV or small concession trailer in our back yard and use that for a commercial kitchen. What do you think?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.