Skip to main content

Colorado

Online sales

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bonita Morlang
    Participant

Hi, I want to clarify about having a website…if there’s something on the website that says we can only sell and ship to customers within Colorado is that allowed? I know nothing about marketing so I’m not sure how to go about advertising about our products. Farmers markets in Colorado are over by October.

Doug

Just make it local pickup only, no shipping

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You can only sell to customers in CO, but you can’t ship to anyone. However, you can sell online, with local fulfillment. Many CFOs run successful businesses with this local approach, without needing farmers markets. However, it may take more marketing effort and outreach on your part.

Lauren

Hi all,
    Another question about online sales. I would like to sell pestos/salsas/jams, aka cut fruits and vegetables that are not allowed under the cottage food guidelines (I don’t think). How do I go about doing this? I plan on selling them online through my website or through Etsy. I don’t need to be large-scale, just want to sell the excess from my summer garden. Thanks!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Lauren, you need to prepare them in a commercial kitchen and get licensed from the health dept. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

Rich Gould

Hi Bonita, there are many new year round markets opening in Denver that I am aware of you might want to check the Colorado Vendor Event Group on Facebook or the Colorado Cottage Food Producers Facebook group. I know that Union Station is opening a year round farmers’ market and there is also one in Wheat Ridge.

Hope this helps.

Susie Tunks

I was under the impression that in CO we cannot sell our products online. I am currently working on building my website without a payment option because I thought we aren’t allowed to sell online – we can advertise but not sell. Has this law changed? Please enlighten me! I’d love to have a payment option on my website! Thank you!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Correct, you cannot sell online as a CFO. To sell online, you need to go the commercial route. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.