Skip to main content

California

Cream Cheese

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  My Baking Shoppe 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

liz
    Participant

I am working towards getting all my permits in order. I am very excited, but its a bit of a waiting game right now. So I am trying to get all my product issues in order. One of them is the cream cheese frosting for my cinnamon rolls. I can try making them without and use an icing, but I want to use cream cheese if possible. I found a dry cream cheese that is shelf stable on its own, but I am not sure if that’s the case if I add it to other ingredients. Any one have any idea? I see some CFO’s on here that sell cheesecake. I don’t see how that is possible under the CFO law. Are they using the dry powder?

http://www.amazon.com/Cheese-powder-Hoosier-Hill-Farm/dp/B00C2POT3K/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&srs=2582941011&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1440051595&sr=8-2-catcorr&keywords=cream+cheese

sdcottagefoods

Per the health department in San Diego county, the powder would not be approved for frosting because it reconstitutes into cream cheese.

liz
    Participant

darn! ok thanks! I will keep working on my recipe to omit the cream cheese

My Baking Shoppe
    Participant

Liz, I make buttercream frosting for my cupcakes using Shortening and Cream Cheese Emulsion from LorAnns. In my opinion and my customers it tastes like cream cheese frosting. I’m not sure what your recipe is but could you use say powdered sugar, the cream cheese emulsion and water to make the icing? Or something like that. By the way, it smells horrible when you open the bottle but actually tastes could once it’s made.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.