Skip to main content

Cake

Cheesecake

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Grace Smith

I am in the state of GA. I am not allowed to sell cheesecakes or cakes with cream cheese icing. This makes things so limiting. I had even asked if I could sell them if they were made in a commercial kitchen, (a friend has one) one state official said yes, one said if I did that I would lose my Cottage Food License….it is so frustrating! I never intend to do anything illegal, but throughout this entire process I’ve encountered differing information on details….does anyone have info on what is required to make cheesecakes? Thank you Forrager! What a great service you provide!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You’re not going to be able to merge a CFO with a commercial operation. Since your friend has a commercial kitchen, I’d recommend skipping the cottage food law and getting certified as a regular food operation. But it’s sometimes a good idea to deal with the limitations of the cottage food law for the short term until you prove your business concept.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.