Skip to main content

Business

permits and license

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Liz 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

raul

I’m looking for a link or someone that I can employ the services of, to verify what all the permits and license are needed for a wholesale juice business. To set up and operate in Florida

David Crabill
    Keymaster

The health dept’s job is to help you with that stuff. I don’t know anyone that helps in setting up a food business. You really need to call them yourself (since you know what your business is going to entail) and if you want to, you can hire a secretary of sorts to handle paperwork.

Ashley Cook
    Participant

Hi! We have a cottage food business in Georgia, but will be moving to Florida in the Summer. How do we stop the business here and start it back up in Florida?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Ashley, you won’t be able to transfer it. You will just need to start up a new business in Florida under their cottage food law, just the same as if you had initially lived there. It’s actually much easier to start a CFO in FL, but also much more restrictive, as you can only sell $15K of product per year.

How to close down your business in GA will depend on what type of business it is. A simple business might just naturally expire, while an LLC might require you to submit paperwork.

Hakim

Hello ! I buy and resell Honey to stores.
    I want to prepare my own formula (Honey blended with some seeds), new packaging and labeling.
    What do I need to do (Regulation…) to sell my new product. Knowing that I will prepare my new product at home.

Jill

Can I be an LLC and have a Fed tax ID number and still be CFO?

Liz

I’m looking to start a cottage food establishment in Utah. Is it recommended to hire a business lawyer before I set up a LLC?

Liz

Or do you recommend applying for a sole proprietorship?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.