Skip to main content

Arizona

Use of cheese and fresh home grown herbs in products

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tina Heiligers

I’m building my business plan for starting up my small business again but in Arizona, not SA anymore since I’ve got to move because of my hubby’s job. I have a very wide range of products that I make but am narrowing it down to those I may legally make and sell in Arizona. Most of them, I fear I’ll have to make in a commercial kitchen so I’m trying to see if it is viable, financially.
    I have questions about using the following:
    Fresh, pounded herbs (i.e. in a mortar and pestel)
    Roasted red peppers
    Dried tomatoes
    Roasted sunflower seeds
    Garlic (here I can use either fresh or dried and I know fresh garlic is probably not allowed!)
    Chillies (again, fresh or dried but same as with garlic – probably not allowed fresh)
    Fine grated parmesan cheese

One more question: since raw eggs are not permitted and I want to offer mayo, what could I use in stead? I prefer natural, organic, unmodified ingredients. If I can’t offer that at all, then I’ll just make for us.

I’m sure plenty more questions will arise and I hope no one minds if I post them here.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

If it’s not baked, you can’t use a home kitchen. You will need to use a commercial kitchen to start your business. http://forrager.com/faq/#commercial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.