Skip to main content


Selling food prepared at home


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #3585 Reply

    Diane Ramirez

    I would love to sell my jams, barbeque sauce and other canned goods that I prepare from home. Most likely it would be at farmer’s markets, boutiques, etc. I read something about things must be non-potentially hazardous confectioners goods but I don’t know what that means. Does anyone have any advice on how/if I can go about this?

    Thanks so much.

    #3675 Reply

    David Crabill

    I could explain what non-PHF means, but that is only applicable to baked goods or confections. Basically, none of the items you’re describing, like jams or sauces, are allowed in Arizona under the cottage food law. That means that to legally sell your products, they would need to be produced in a commercial kitchen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Selling food prepared at home
Your information: