Skip to main content

Arizona

Baked good deco

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Crabill 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michelle

The product I want to manufacture will be used for decorating baked goods. It will not be consumed in large amounts.
    The main ingredient is sugar.
    Would this product be considered an allowed cottage food?

Michelle Ingalls
    Participant

One more question. If my product is a decoration, and not something that will be consumes in large quantity does it still require a nutrition label?
    I realize the ingredients are an absolute, Im am just curious about the nutrition label and decorative products.

Michelle
    Participant

Where can I find information on FDA regulations concerning preservatives and preservative ratios in food items? I have looked all over the FDA site, but the amount of information is overwhelming and frustrating.
    Do I have to register with the FDA also?

David Crabill
    Keymaster

Arizona is pretty lenient… you will be fine with this kind of item.

You don’t need a nutrition label on your products unless you make a health claim, like “low-fat”. Just apply for an exemption.

The FDA’s info confuses me too, but I know you don’t have to register with them (aside from that exemption). Sorry, I really have no idea if info about preservative ratios exists.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.