Skip to main content

Ohio

allergen free cookies

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cody

My daughter, Emerson, is 7 years old, she has a severe tree nut allergy that has made it difficult over the years to find sweet treats. Together we created a chocolate chip cookie that is tree nut, peanut, wheat, dairy, egg, soy, and gluten free. We have had a ton of interest and I am trying to grow and make this into a business to help others have access to a safe sweet treat. I know in Ohio we have the cottage law that accepts baked goods. Do we have to still be come licensed? We did purchase insurance for the business. I am looking for some insight on this as we continue to move forward. We are selling them to friends and family currently, and an event at an elementary school coming up in March that has asked us to be part of it. I need to know if we can sell there too.

Thank you in advance, trying to figure all this out!

David Crabill
    Keymaster

You do not need a license from the ag dept, though you might need a business license from your city, county, or state.

Because you are so specialized, you might want to consider moving your production into a commercial kitchen as soon as possible so that you can sell to other states.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.