Skip to main content

New York

Question about Online Bakery?!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  David Crabill 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vicky

Hello!

My name is Vicky and a couple of friends and I want to start a small local business. Its nothing crazy, but we wanted to use Instagram as a platform and bake our goods from home. This website has been EXTREMELY helpful, but i had a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to do an online bakery on Instagram? We would bake from home and follow the NY guidelines from this website. It would also be local, not shipping anywhere but NYC as we are just starting.

2. If we can’t use instagram, what is another option?

3. Random question, can we bake and sell Cinnamon buns? I know certain baked good are a no, it seems like anything that needs to be refrigerated is a no go.

Sorry for all the questions but I’m trying to do my research.

David Crabill
    Keymaster

1. You can advertise any way you want, but I don’t think you can sell from home or offer delivery. If you are posting photos on Instagram and selling at a farmers market, that would be fine.
    2. The other option would be to use a commercial kitchen, get a license from the health dept, and run your business with any method you’d like.
    3. Cinnamon buns that don’t require refrigeration (no cream cheese frosting, for instance) should be allowed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.